Saturday, November 18, 2006

get tuned in...

I miss home.
I miss my family.
I miss my friends.
Sigh…

Well, one month had just passed by. Winter is coming, my ‘polar bear’ days are coming. Will soon be seeing nothing but white-colored objects everywhere. Russian winter, here I come! I WILL ‘tame’ you, just give me timeJ

You’re now connected to the freezing Russian bear network.

#1: Excursion around Moscow with all pre-med people
This was quite some time ago but it was a great excursion which made us adore this city we’ll be in for the 6 years or so. We didn’t really know where we went because the tour guide was explaining in Russian with us knowing very little of their beloved language. But we went to a highland, Red Square, toured the Kremlin from the outside, walked in a park etc. Moscow is indeed a very unique city with structures both modern and antique all around. How I wish my family and friends were with me to enjoy this…

#2: Malaysian Chinese pot-luck party
There’re 28 of us here. So, we had a little party where each room had to prepare a dish. Some made chicken, some potatoes etc. My room was to cook egg. Anyhow, anyway we want it. Yes, egg, how hard can that be right? We made omelet. Sounds easy huh? No, it isn’t. Let me give you a SPECIFIC explanation. We fried onion omelet, used the omelet to wrap tuna, cabbage, chicken and sausages. Well, during show time, let me tempt you: we had curry chicken, beer chicken (yes, Guinness Stout to be exact), fish fillet, potato+meatball, veggie soup which tastes like shark fin soup, veggie and my beloved omelet. Superb food I can say! Yummy…

#3: ‘Aidil-vali’ celebration
Aidil-vali, as in Hari Raya Aidilfitri+Deepavali. Haha. It’s a Malaysian students affair, with the ambassador there and I met the astronaut!! Unfortunately we didn’t have time to take a photo with him. Sigh… Felt a little like back home because of the people and the performances. 80% of us were in traditional or formal wear, so judge by yourself-lah.
LOL. Everyone from my hostel was VVIP on that day coz we’re later than the ambassador and all the other dignitaries. Mainly caused by the heavy traffic……and girlsJ

#4: “Hipotesis diterima.”
Remember that phrase? The one-and-only phrase we love to write in our experiment reports back then in secondary school regardless whether we knew the results or fake them etc.. Hmm, I cook over here and my cooking isn’t that bad due to the “experiences” I had back home. LOL. Well… urm… my room mate decided to cook chocolate chicken after eating beer chicken the other day. Milo chicken to be exact. Yes, MILO, the drink that most students back home take everyday before school. She didn’t have a recipe on it. My job was to fry the chicken. It smelt real good and tasted so good and crispy before my dear chicken went into the potion. They were crying when they swam in that chocolate sea. *speechless* I shall not continue any further or my intestines will start their version of tug-of-war.
Moral of the story: NEVER try cooking without a recipe, please…

#5: me, myself and i
Nothing much happening so far except for tests and more tests everyday. Just finished the 1st control for Russian language. Can now understand a bit of what people around are talking. Yay me!
Went shopping for groceries, ended up suffering from backache and muscle pains. Talking bout injuries, I’ve got a few major cuts on my fingers. First was a tiny cut on my 2nd finger. Then, another on the 3rd finger when I tied the plastic bag used to keep the broken glass pieces-blood started oozing out and when I ran back to my room, blood was dripping-that was how serious it was. Few days back, another cut on the 2nd finger when I was cutting bread. I was very careful, but… don’t worry, I’m fine. Currently a fan of a few tv series obtained from friends due to the lack of reading materials e.g. Grey’s Anatomy and Prison Break. Watched Rob-B-Hood last week, nice movie with the super-cute baby. Haha.

That’s all for now. It’s been a super long entry.
To my friends back home, do keep in touch. Really long to meet you next summer. Take care! Da-sweedanya!

No comments: