Sunday, August 26, 2007

positively-charged

Well, today is a great day. Yes it is. I dunno why, but I'm happy today. Maybe it's because I had a good lunch today at grandma's. It sounds like a normal thing, but it has been some time since we all gathered there and have lunch together. When I say together, it means my family, my aunt's and ALL my cousins except the one in Singapore will be there. It used to be a weekly affair until my uncle and aunt became very busy with their work. So, it's now a monthly thing. Still better than nothing. I love family togetherness. It makes me feel good, and happy. And meeting my cousins, chatting and pigging out at the kiddo's table make meetings like this an event not to be missed.

I think grandma is really happy when it comes to these kinda gathering. And she was already planning what to cook since Tuesday. Haha. And, I, being her marketing partner ever since I was back, did my routine, bringing her to the market to get all the stuff she planned to cook. From meat to seafood to veggies. Really salute her for being able to think of what to cook everytime we have these kinda lunch. At this stall, the seller told my grandma to buy yam. My grandma stood there, asked me if I wanna eat the yam and meat stew (kou yoke)-however u call it in English. I wanted to say no, coz it takes a lot of time to prepare; but it was too late. She was already choosing!

Really love my grandma. She always asks me what I wanna eat, whenever we go marketing together. And I really dunno what I want coz if I were to name or list down the stuff I wanna eat, it'll be a long list. She still remembers what I like to eat like although I didn't say anything and will take the trouble to cook them, be it simple or complicated dishes. I really dunno how to thank her coz she has been a superb grandma, ever since I was a kid. She was the one who looked after me when my parents were working in Penang, and there wasn't any nannies available there. Being the eldest grandchild in the family, I was obviously being showered with a lot of love and attention by my grandparents, aunt and uncles. When I'm back for my summer holidays, I am practically her chaffeur to everywhere she desires to go. I'll be the one she goes marketing with, the one she goes shopping with, the one who helps her cook, the one she brings out for breakfast. Whenever she decides to marketing alone at the market nearby her place, I am worried. Although it is just a short distance away, there are many things that can happen, knowing the crime rates these days. But then, when I'm away, there won't be anyone to go marketing with her and she will have to walk there coz my grandpa who used to go marketing with her still has a long way to go before he can walk properly. Sigh..

This is supposed to be a happy post.. So, I'm gonna tell you what my relatives have been saying.
#1 ) It started with my aunt. I was telling her I can't bring my grandparents for checkup on the 27th July coz I was going for a trip with my friends and during that period, my friends are scheduled to be in Ipoh. And she said, "Boyfriend coming ah??" And that left me speechless and I answered sarcastically, "Yes, what're u going to do?" My dear aunt replied, "Oh, really?! Okok, I wanna go book a table for dinner.." *smacks forehead* And when the date neared, she asked my mom if my friends are coming to Ipoh. And my mom answered, "Yeah, why? What you wanna do?" Knowing my great aunt, she again said, "I told her (as in I), if her boyfriend comes, I'll go book tables and we'll all have dinner together. I'm serious!" We all laughed, and mom replied, "Later she brings a group of guys, then u know!!" Haha. Coz mom knew that a few guys will be in this trip.

#2) My uncle whom I met. The first question he asked wasn't concerning my studies or life there. It was the infamous, "Eh, got boyfriend di ah?" I was like, "HUH??!!!"

#3) Today, my grandma was telling me to get one after our lunch. And she said, then you can bring him back next summer.

These left me thinking if they are that desperate..Or are they afraid that I'll be a spinster?? Haha.. I was also thinking if I will get the person and when I do, will I make a good girlfriend to the person. What do you think?? LOL.
But, all these..ahh.. let cupid do the job eh? :P

No comments: